See Eagle Home Farm: Pre Hallidie. Main headwater of Sausal Creek, also called Smith Gulch ( for Wm. Smith steam sawmill 1853-1858. Mastick Gulch is south branch of Kelly Gulch named for Hugh Kelly.
See Mt. Home Ranch: General. 5th owner, bought 900 Ac. in 1866, Pres. of S.F. Savings and Loan that foreclosed on Morrison, had Chinese build lake, sold off 526 ac. in 1882, Mayor of S.F.
See Portola: Naming, See Overland Monthly (vol LIV no. 4 Oct 9). Principal of Carnall,Fitzhugh,Hopkins Co (real estate developers). Proposed name Portola-Crespi Wood for entire fault valley (1886). Rival paper stated using Portola alone in 1887
Buelna-Stanton. Newspaper clippings and interviews with descendants of owners, family tree of Juliana Buelna Martinez descendants ( Felix's grandchildren)
See Also Assessments, See Also Martinez: Pre American, See also Mission Presidio Records . State census 1852, 1860, 1870,1880, 1900, Bowman index to 1850 census
See National Groups: Italians. Came 1895, leased land from Mrs. Lynch on Los Trancos Valley Ranch for strawberries and potatos. Son Tony took over in 1903 when Jacomo died falling off a cable car. Sold lease to Manginis left valley moved to Tom Kelly's on Family Farm 1906
See Fitzhugh ms. page 18-water diverters, See Fitzhugh: Nahmens, See Roads: La Honda, See Eagle Home Farm, See Woodside Highlands: Hugh Kelly, See National Groups-Italians, See Flora-strawberry growers.
See Spring Ridge: Conolley, See Woodside Country Club. Developed Woodside Country Club went bankrupt, lived at Conolley Place sold land to Neylan in 1937
See Roads-Alpine Rd (ms.), See Coal Mine Ridge. There was no Pete Martinez. There was a Peter Feliz who was not crazy who may have helped build the road.
See also Martinez,M.: MaEduviges Miramontes See SU Archives SC12 Box 1, Folder 7 for Manzanita Water Co. indices of creeks., See American Land and Water Co.. Account in 1895 Sequoia of name origins